July 4, 2010

the 3rd of july!!

We decided that we would match this year! We are just cool like that! :) So we wore Dodgers attire! We opted out on the parade, because ryan wouldn't wake up. It almost didn't feel like the 4th (3rd) without going to the parade!! But we still managed to have a fun day together!! We went to a big family barbecue and the fireworks!!! Since our house is just about 7 blocks from the fireworks we walked! This proved to be a great idea!! We got there without having to try and find a parking spot ( cars were literally parked almost all the way to our house anyway) and we got home super quick after! :) We played cards with our friends from about 8 to 10 and then went and watched the fireworks with ry's family! 
Ry's family loves this holiday and we had the most PERFECT SPOT! We were literally directly across from where they launch them off! :) We were so close that the whole time we kept getting big chunks of the casings fall on us and debris from the actually powder or whatever they use to make them!! :) It was a blast!!

That is until a huge chunk of something landed STRAIGHT into my eye!!! It burned so so bad and I thought I would never be able to see again!! :) If you look really close in the picture my left eye has cryed all of its makeup off!!! OPPS! Regardless I still think fireworks are the coolest things EVER! :) 

I LOVE AMERICA! :) :)

1 comment:

Pierce said...

you guys are the cutest couple ever!!! I miss seeing you guys every week at basketball games. Keep having a fun summer!!