Ryan and I love to do fun things on the weekend, our weeks are so chaotic between work, softball games and ry's umpiring and my other new job, that by the weekend we are ready to spend some quality time together. We try to do something new each weekend.
This past weekend was especially fun, we both took friday off of work to go on a 20 mile horse ride with my dad. We went to bear creek, just above palasaides lake. It is a really easy and beautiful ride. You just go up a canyon along a pretty good sized creek supplied by the mountain runoff. Its really a fun ride because we get to cross the creek multiple times and there are lots of open meadows to run through. We had never been on this ride before and my dad had told us about a hot springs that we could go to! To get there we had to go straight up a really steep mountain, which is really fun because the horses love to run straight up the hill. It was about a mile up, and our horses were getting pretty tired but my horse this particular time was the fastest :) It was a really pretty view. Its hard for me to take my camera on these long horse rides because A- I hate wearing my backpack on hot hot days its super annoying and B- My nikon is kind of my baby, I broke my first lense from being careless with it and I'm super attached to my new lense and it has some sentimental value so I really don't like to risk it. Maybe I should invest in a little camera that can fit into my saddle bag, because the places we go on our horses are breathtakingly beautiful, and I would love to share them with everyone!!!!
Anyways.....
On Saturday we decided we would go to Birch Creek, which is out past Mud Lake on the way to Salmon. The creek is small and there are literally MILLIONS of teensy little fishies in it! I'm really not into fishing, I think that fishing with a worm is so boring....but I really enjoy fly fishing and Ryan really takes the time to teach me how!!!
I am still learning, as you can see in this picture. Even though I have fished for years and years, I managed to catch myself in the shirt with my own hook (multiple times during the day)!!! You hear about people snagging other people all the time, who the heck snags themselves, well I sure do!!!
I was a little stoked about my first catch, because it was windy and I didn't think I was going to catch anything!! :) :)
This is the average size of fish that are at Birch Creek. Not trophy fish by any means, but they are easy to catch and its a great learning place!!! You can catch like 20+ an hour which always makes fishing more fun!!!!
Can I just brag on this kid for a second. He is so much fun, he always takes the time to make sure that I am having fun. He helps me and encourages me with my casting!!!He usually gives me the best spots AND always makes sure I know that he loves to spend time with me :) What more could I ask for :) :)
I guess I'm not the only one who can snag themselves. Ry caught himself on the shorts, but blamed it on the wind ; ). It was pretty windy that day! :)
A very pretty place, and a very fun day!!!
1 comment:
You guys are too cute. We just love you guys and we wouldn't have made it through the last little while without ya! mmmwwwwaaaa.
Post a Comment