mother nature.
Lately, I have had such a grateful heart. I am so blessed to have married Ryan. He shares my love for the outdoors. We are very blessed to have the oppourtunity to live in such a beautiful area. We love to go to the Mountains and each time we go, I can't help but take a deep breath of fresh air, enjoy all the beauty that surrounds me and enjoy being alive!
All the stress I feel and the cares of life just vanish.
We love hiking. We tried to go hiking each Sunday afternoon for at least a couple of hours. Ryan was in search of antlers to collect, and I was just along for the ride. Enjoying the time we can spend together, and the places that we go.
Next summer I hope that we can climb the Grand Teton. Its something that we have both wanted to do for so long, but we have never been able to make it happen. Ryan's dad loved climbing while he was alive and (this part is a secret from him) I'm planning on doing an overnight trip on his dad's birthdate.
We love to fish. Well, Ryan loves to fish and I love to be on the river or lake. The peacefullness that comes with the sound of water is amazing.
(I didn't take this photo ;) i stole it from somebody else but don't tell)
The Teton's mean a lot to us personally. We met while we were skiing at Targhee, and we are both obsessed with skiing, or winter for that matter. We have some of our greatest memories revolving around the tetons. This picture is actually printed in a gallery in Jackson and it is bookoo bucks but it WILL be the first purchase that I make when we have our own house to hang it in!!
Our horses have taken us to some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen!! One of my favorite things to do is go on overnight trips with my dad and Ry on our horses. :)
We went on an overnight horse riding trip this last weekend and it was so much fun. We ended up riding more than 25 miles! Talk about a sore butt!
Here we are :) awwwww
For all those who hate the winter, I feel sorry for you guys. Skiing has taken us to the most amazing places! For us, there is nothing better than waking up, getting McDonalds on the way to the hill, skiing and laughing with each other all day and then watching a movie and snuggling all night. That is honestly my definition of the perfect day!
This is my favorite picture of us. It was taken with a disposable right after our honeymoon. It always makes me happy to look at it :)
For our honeymoon we could have gone anywhere we wanted, but we chose to ski :) We went to Schweitzer, which is in North Idaho, almost to the Canadian border and it is the most BEAUTIFUL place I've ever been. It is smack dab in the middle of a crazy mountainrange and overlooks lake ponderay!
AND.....

For our next adventure...drum roll please... We are planning on moving to Bend, Oregon for the winter. To be ski bums you might ask? YES!!!!!!!!!! We have been trying to get everything in order for awhile now and if all goes as planned we will be skiing at Mt. Bachelor everyday this season :) Probably the 2nd most amazing place to ski and 2nd only to Targhee!! We decided that we wanted to do something like this before careers and future kiddies. We have both always wanted to do this and we think that it will be so fun. We will have our first thanksgiving, christmas, new years, valentines and our first aniversary as a old married couple alone, just us :) We are now taking reservations for guests!! If anyone would like to come ski at a beautiful place and have a place to say, you will be welcome at our house!!
Thank you all for reading my rant on my favorite things :) I think I will probably do posts with things I am thankful for more often.








3 comments:
you two lovebirds! i wish we could go outside and play as much as you two do! looks like oh so much fun
I LOVE this post. The photos are awesome too. YOU ARE MOVING??? WOW! What an adventure!
Yay for your lovely and adventurous life!
Post a Comment